Society Travel Fellowships
EGS Registrar Course
EGS European Glaucoma Resident’s Course
March 27th - 28th 2020, Lisbon, Portugal
NEW Opportunity!! The South African Glaucoma Society is delighted to announce yet another opportunity for 2 Registrars to attend the EGS European Glaucoma Resident’s course.
ALL registrars who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Registrar must be in an HPCSA accredited training facility.
- Must have completed the part 1b (Intermediates), and in preparation to write the final exam.
- If you have completed the final FCOphth exams (part2), and waiting for your registrar time to finish, you must at least have a minimum of three months leftas a registrar in the department upon your arrival from the EGS course. This will ensure that you will be able to transfer the knowledge gained to other registrars
- You must have your MMED ethics approval for your study in place upon application/submission. The study does not have to be completed, however, in the event of a tie with candidates fulfilling all criteria equally, a completed and submitted MMED study will be favorable.
- You must have attended the SAGS congress at least once in your registrar time (attendance as an MO will not count). Participation at a SAGS congress in the form of presentation or a poster will be favorable.
- You must submit a brief letter of motivation, explaining why you should be selected for the course. This should not exceed 300 words using a font size of 12.
- HOD’s involvement: A letter of recommendation from your Head of Department will be required. This is to ensure that the applicant is in good standing with the department, and fulfills all the criteria.
- Copy of HPCSA registration as a registrar
- Proof of completion of the Part 1B (Intermediate) exams
- MMED dissertation ethics approval letter
- Proof of previous SAGS attendance and participation (Poster/presentation). You may submit your CPD certificate from SAGS, and the topic of your poster/presentation
- Letter of endorsement from your Head of Department
All documents must be submitted on or before 18 October 2019 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call Lauren on 076 605 4175